Saturday, December 4, 2010

Recently i have been studying Jesus Christ. I am going through the topical guide and searching from there. The other morning I came across this scripture,

"34And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall losehis life for my sake and the gospel’s, the same shall save it.
 36For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"(Mark 8: 34-36)

I had heard it many times and thought that I understood it, but as I continued to read it and and those around it I truly felt the meaning of this scripture. As we approach the Christmas season and our thoughts are on our savior Jesus Christ. I know that I am so grateful for the service that he did for me, and all he asks us to do is to follow him. I thought how can I better follow him. What can I do for others, even just a little bit more. Am I losing my life for the sake of my saviour, am I denying myself and worrying about others. What can I do more? I know that Jesus is my saviour. I know that he lives and wants everyone to be happy and to return to live with him. I know that as we try our best and serve those around us (Mosiah 2: 17). We can truly find the happiness in life that we all are searching for.

No comments:

Post a Comment