Friday, March 18, 2011

The glass is half Full.

I think that my dad has given me more ideas for my blog than I have come up with on my own. Recently my dad sent me a letter. In it he mentioned a talk that I had just recently read."Looking for the Good" by Dieter F. Uchtdorf. In the talk he brought up the old question, is the glass half empty or half full? 
He told the story of a woman that moved into and area and was wondering just how the schools were. So she asked her neighbors. One told them they were great the other said that they were horrible. Both of them sent their kids to the exact same school. But because of their attitudes, one loved the schools and one hated them. We all have choices. We have to choose the one that is going to be most beneficial for us and our family not necessarily now but in the future and for eternity.
I have noticed that when I look for the good things of people I find something. But soon as I try and put myself above them and look for their faults. I can't stand to be around them. Often times it is very hard for me personally to change that attitude and look for the good in others. As well as situations that I place my self. Good looks at the good in all of us. We all have our faults. None of us are perfect. They are never perfect situations only perfect opportunities. I hope that I can live my life so that i might be able to influence someone else to live their own life just a little better.

You can read the full article at this link. Looking for the Good

No comments:

Post a Comment