Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Let the Sun Shine.


The other day I got a note from my dad. Just as a normal note would be he informed me of some of the thing that are going on back home. He told me that it is starting to warm up back at home. He then told me this, "sun shine makes the soul feel better. It makes you wonder why that is, that light seems to lift and dark depresses."
I had never in my life thought of it that way. It is so true though. How many times is it raining out, or in my case here in Cody, Wy, snowing. With lots of clouds and its dark and gloomy. And you hear someone say "I am just so depressed." However as soon as the sun comes out and there are blue skies people are talking of how happy there were that day. You know as I think of my Savior and Heavenly Father. I think of light and joy. But when Satan is brought up if I were to describe him in a color. I would use a dark one. Something that is gloomy and depressing. 

For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as achildren of blight. (Ephesians 5:8)

As we do the things that the lord has asked us to do. We receive the "light" we do those thing that take us closer to our Heavenly Father. We are guided in the paths that God wants us to take. Hence doing the things God wants us to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment