Friday, April 8, 2011

Be Grateful


This past week we had the opportunity to go with some people on a hike/ride up to a smaller mountain. Back home we call them hills. but all the same we had a fantastic time. There on the mountain side I had some time to think. As I now look back on this hike as well as a few others I have been on. I just love the fact that God has given us so many things that sometimes we take for granted. I don't know how many times that I have been on the side of some mountain hiking around, riding my four wheeler or just sitting there watching the deer, the elk, maybe even some crazy hunters, or some fish in the lake. You know, most of these times I was doing something that I love. With people that I love to be around. One thing has come to me out of all of these times. Often times my thoughts have turned to God. It is during these times that I don't worry about what I am going to do later on. It is these times when I pray to Heavenly Father and ask for help. But lately when I do some of the activities my thoughts turn to gratitude.
Gratitude is expressing thankfulness for something or someone. President Monson said, " A grateful heart... comes through expressing gratitude to our Heavenly Father for His blessings and to those around us for all that they bring into our lives."
You know I have found that times we take things for granted until we don't have them anymore. As we stay humble and do what god wants us to do he continues to bless us. It is just our job to thank him for the things we receive.
I know that God does love us and wants to bless us we just need to let him so we can find the answers to our questions, the solution to our problems, and the peace in times of conflict. I testify that God lives. I know that through Jesus Christ we can be made whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment